Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The inner workings of the mind


The diary of a lady who is sick and tired of being sick and tired.

 Brushing your teeth with a stuffy nose proves to be extremely difficult. One begins to wonder about the effectiveness of a cough drop: is my throat being coated or am I just numbing my tongue? After noticing the pile of toilet paper next to your chair,(a literal chair,that isn't code for the toilet. Is there any non-gross way to say blow your stuffy nose?) a thought about "the amount of trees cut down and how much has gone to waste" legitimately crosses your mind. (Since when did I become a "save Mother Earth" activist?) Last but not least, one contemplates and then executes a hypothesis; would the hot tea vapors escaping her teacup actually work as a nebulizer?

 As of late, I have become an expert, though ill qualified, in all matters that encompass self medicating (don't worry; all legal and over the counter); as well as an avid tea drinker. Three lives are dependent on me for survival, and thankfully I have yet to neglect those lives. Of course, I'm referencing my goldfish. I deem myself functionally exhausted.  Through these latest series of unfortunate events, I have drawn the conclusion that when you don't take time to rest/pause your body up and takes it upon itself to force you to slow down, by getting sick. So, here's to all the non-glamorous ways out body tells us to take five.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lacey...I know just how you feel....my husband and I have been taking turns not feeling well and I know for a fact that it's our Lord telling us to slow down and take five, as you put it! So we do that, and next thing you know we feel better and are up again doing, doing. doing...like Martha....when will we learn??? I guess we will still have to fight the fight of not being well?!?! God's blessings and I really enjoy reading your blog..
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Dianne! Hope you and your husband recover fully soon ((:

    ReplyDelete