Monday, January 20, 2014

The Great I Am

God said to Moses "I AM who I AM."

Today was a pretty amazing day. I don't know where to begin this post except by saying God blew my mind and encouraged my heart. At the same time. 

I woke up this morning and got ready to go jogging. It was a beautiful morning! I was listening to music on my ipod doing my thing when the song "The Great I Am" came on. Um. Wow. It was exactly what I needed to hear!!! Recently the devil has been trying to discourage me and bring me down. I've been feeling sad and wondering why God would call me to Costa Rica only to be beaten up. (Note: not literally beaten up, it's just that I've been throwing myself pity parties.) I was literally thinking these thoughts yesterday! The transformation from yesterday to today has been incredible. God used the lyrics in that song to completely renew my mind. These words particularly grabbed my attention, these words brought me to tears, and drew me into worship. Yes. While I was jogging. I was that crazy girl hahaha :)

The mountains shake before You the demons run in fear
At the mention of the name King of Majesty
There is no power in hell
Or any who can stand
Before the power and the presence of the great I AM

like whoa. 

God has power and dominion over EVERYTHING. All of my problems are his. He holds me. My trials, I do not walk through those alone. Satan wants me to think that I am in control of my life. When I  begin to think that way, I get discouraged easily. This song was clearly screaming "My God is for me.  He is for me." All I can say is that God works mightily in the lives of his kids, for that I am so thankful. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha Lacey, I was overjoyed when I read this because God used the same song to minister to me last week (Side note: I'm great at organizing, throwing, and attending pity parties) Anyways, I can completely relate and I'm glad the Lord and renewing your mind!! Be that crazy girl chasing after God and worshiping while you run :)

    ReplyDelete