Monday, December 23, 2013

Growing up

Recently, I have been thinking about the fact that I will be twenty soon. It actually excites me! There is something fun about saying "I'm twenty." Maybe it's just a nice round number. Maybe I just like how it rolls off my tongue. I've been something-teen for so many years, it'll be different but in a good way. I've also been thinking about my future a lot. I am beyond elated to begin my journey to Costa Rica. I can't believe I already leave in five days!!! I'm so blessed an thankful to be able to do this. God has continually been faithful. He has kept my spirits high. Usually I am stressed out about funding but he has given me so much hope and peace. 

It will be weird to be away from my family for Christmas; but I'm looking forward to making new traditions with my awesome roommate Alix! A lot of the staff members are giving different kids Christmas presents this year. We all "adopted" kids we became close with over the summer. I  can't wait to see their reactions! :)




Merry Christmas!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment