Sunday, November 24, 2013

Confessions

Well, it has been a little while since I have taken some time to sit down and write. 

*sigh* 

Where to begin? Lately I have been feeling a little down, and then I will feel good. It goes up and down like a roller coaster.  It is not easy trying to respond to God's call on my life when it is completely opposite of what a typical young adult is doing these days. I definitely think I am doing what God wants me to for the time being. I'm just saying it isn't easy at all. 

Trust me, being a missionary is not a glamorous occupation. Spiritual warfare is increased because we are on the front lines of the battlefield accomplishing kingdom work and the devil despises that. I have been talking to many people, from all walks of life, about my adventure to Costa Rica! And I am so thankful for the amazing support I have received, financial and prayers. 

It is a humbling and slightly awkward thing to ask people for money to live on. But God is abundantly clear all throughout the bible that he will protect and care for his people. His arm is not too short to rescue me. When all I feel like is doing is complaining he is there I remind me that he holds my lot. 

However, I'm just beig honest when it can be discouraging. Reach out to your friends that are on the mission field in another country. Some people might be isolated. Tired, worn out, and hungry to be fed because they are being poured out into others lives. It is exhausting work in the fullest sense of the word. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. Regardless of what walk of life you are currently in, God has sent trials to strengthen you and make you into the man or woman he created you to be. Also, he put you through the ringer so that you will be able to encourage someone who is going through a similar situation. People that live in the United States need encouragement and perspective from those on the missionaries who are serving on the global mission field and vice versa. 

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. (Philippians 2:1, 2)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you honesty Lacey. I can relate to the Spiritual Warfare that comes from following God's calling so know that you're not alone! Thank you for the reminder that "His arm is not too short to rescue me." Needed to hear that truth

    ReplyDelete