Friday, August 30, 2013

Times of refreshing



I recently started reading through the book of Acts in the bible. I don't know why, but I'd been wanting to re-read through that book. The other day I read chapter three and I've been meditating on two particular verses. In verses 19-20 it says this: "Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus." The phrase that I have been pondering on is "times of refreshing may come from the presence of The Lord." 

Why do I chose stupid earthly things to take up my time and be consumed by? There is nothing that is as satisfying as the Lord's presence. Isn't that a cool image though? Times of refreshing. What do you think of when you hear that? I think of a lot of different things. The feeling you get after a good nap, a meaningful talk with a friend, the feeling you get after jumping in cool and refreshing water.

One of the greatest things about God is when he makes a promise, you know he will be good to his word. He promises that when we draw near to him, he will indeed draw near to us. So come close beloved. He beckons to us with time of refreshing in his presence, what do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment