Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The summer has come to a close

{Cody playing soccer in San Martin.}

{Alix and a few church members squished in the back of a car on the way back from a feeding center.}

{Dan (black shirt) telling a team about the Cafetal on a prayer walk.}


It is hard to believe that I have already been back in the states for almost one week. 

Where did the summer go?! Some days were harder and longer than others, but before I knew it was having to say "see you later" to so many friends I had made. I feel so blessed to have spent my summer in both learning and leading roles. I was challenged and encouraged in my faith. I met many people all over the  United States. It was incredible to watch the manifestation of the body of Christ being demonstrated practically, every single day. I'm so thankful to have gotten to know each an everyone of our staff and interns. You guys are amazing!!! It was a lot harder to leave than I thought it would be. Though, I will have these memories in my heart forever.

 It is hard to forget a place that has made such an impact on me. It's funny how that works. I know that God worked through me while I was in Alajuelita, but I also know that he placed people in my life specifically to convicted and uplift me. It is easy to have a mindset to go in and change people's lives. However, on my own, I can not accomplish anything. But with God all things are possible. He is the reason people change. He is the reason they start longing for him. Jesus is the only one who can call a prostitute out of the darkness she is trapped in; it is only through his saving power that a deadbeat drug addict dad will return to his family and be the man God created him to be. Jesus is the sustainer of all life. He is the reason that even when the child gets run over by a car the child will still live. 

I wouldn't trade the experience and memories from this summer for anything. I'm so thankful for the people I met and the friendships I made. I can't wait to get back.




{the wonderful 6:8 staff}

{this is the worship band from church and me}

{haha these are my crazy brothers: Byron, Jerry, and Justin}







1 comment: