Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Let it be known | A music announcement

Hear ye, hear ye, one and all!

I'm just so excitedly happy about the music I've been listening to I could bust!!!  It's quite ridiculous.

Take a moment to prepare yourself.

 Have you heard of Gungor, Tenth Avenue North, or Rend Collective Experiment? Well, newsflash. Get with the program! These bands are some of my favorite. I've been listening to Tenth Ave the longest, followed by Gungor. I discovered Rend Collective Experiment through Tenth Ave because these two bands are touring together. "Eh, whatever, no big deal," you must be thinking. Ahem. Rend collective is a band with five core individuals, but consider themselves a collective because lots of people contribute to their music. How sweet is that? Wait, I'm just getting started. They are from northern Ireland!!! GAH! Can I just say that the reason I highly recommend these bands is solely because of their authenticity. (score, I spelled that without spell check : ) ) Each of these bands write songs based on scripture paired with fantastic melodies.The lyrics are raw and are the out-workings of real people going through the ups and downs of real life because after all, they are people too. Lately, I've been playing and replaying these albums on my ipod. I can't get enough!

Though, what makes me even more excited about music is getting to see it live. <-- This sentence can be translated to: HELLO CONCERTS! :) I'm going to see Gungor this week and Rend Collective Experiment with Tenth Avenue North next month. And as if that were the icing on the cake, it isn't. My college (wee little college that is it) is offering two travel abroad opportunities, one to Ireland ( hence the excitement) and one two Italy. Just the idea (it is still in the idea stage) of going to the country were this phenomenal band is from makes me want to jump up and down with delight, which, by the way, has happened.

So, what is the moral of this blogpost? Well, obviously. If you do not have in your possession:


  • Beautiful Things and Ghosts Upon the Earth by Gungor
  • Over and Underneath, The Light Meets the Dark, and The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North
  • Organic Family Hymnal and Homemade Worship by Handmade People by Rend Collective Experiment
Go and first find money. Be it your next pay check, allowance, birthday money, or better yet, the spare change that you know is hidden all over your house, it adds up.  I encourage you to spend it investing joy into your ears. Trust me on this one, it's worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Lacey! I awarded you on my blog. Visit http://footprintsonthe-moon.blogspot.com/2012/10/from-writer.html to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gungor! His music is so beautiful and even more AMAZING in concert! Too bad he won't be in my part of town this tour, but I am so glad I got to see him in person. Have fun at the concert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog you have my friend. So glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, let me just say this: LOVE TENTH AVENUE NORTH! AND LOVE THE SONG "BEAUTIFUL THINGS" BY GUNGOR. Secondly, You're going to their concert?! I am so jealous! :) And the fact that you're going to Ireland is just awesome. I'd be like restless and so hyper until the day of! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know if I'm going, unfortunately, it's super expensive. I wish I could though!! superb music taste, though :)

    ReplyDelete