Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Theology Thoughts//Part one

Today I'd like to go ahead and share some things that have recently been clouding my vision and intruding into my inner most thoughts: constantly.

"We're all theologians. The question is whether what we know about God is true."~ Josh Harris


During a skype conversation, my friend and I begin discussing free will. Free will is that (what i understand it to be) we choose God versus other religions.

 Correct me if I'm wrong. Questions like: What is it? What scriptures backs either side. Which lead to what do I believe based on scripture, what I know about God? etc.

So, at this point, I'm still researching and discussing with older, wiser people. But what are your convictions about the matter?  When I come to a conclusion that is my conviction, I'll post it, but for now, please, I'd like to know what you think! :)

6 comments:

  1. I think that free will is not just based on religion, I think that is part of it. An individual has free will to chose what they feel is the best choice for them. For example, I have free will to eat one piece of candy out of the bag, or I can choose to eat the entire bag. It is a struggle everyday to be happy with each decision that you make in life. I think with religion, even though I am not a big religious person, that a person chooses to believe in God or Jesus, and may struggle day by day to make their lord proud. You need to believe in yourself as a great person, religion or no, and your life will be as great as you make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you're saying, and I agree that choices like choosing what we wear or eat is part of decisions that we make. The Free will that I'm specifically referring to is a highly debated topic in Christian circles. It deals directly with whether or not someone chooses God or God chooses us. etc

      Delete
  2. Okay I get it. I think it is both. I think that if there truly is a God that God chooses the individuals to believe and those individuals can choose then to believe or not believe in God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I believe that Jesus saved ME, I didn't save MYSELF. If I was dead before Christ, how could I bring myself to life? As a born sinner - as everyone is - we are [rightly] sentenced to an eternity in Hell once we die; our fate is already sealed. I was a dead man.

    A dead man has no will of his own. I can't save myself if I'm dead. I can't accept Christ if I'm dead.

    And if I'm a sinner, I don't WANT Christ. I'm a slave to sin. That's all I know and all I can do; so I can't choose Christ.

    Jesus saved me. I don't know why He chose to, but He did and for that I'm eternally indebted to Him.

    ~

    That is just MY take... I'm not very old and wise, but I'm convicted that I didn't do anything in my salvation. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly! I just want to ask my pastor a few questions I have :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to hear what you come up with, though! :D

    ReplyDelete