Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello, consistency + Lovely Ladies

To begin my journey of consistent blogging, I'd like to begin by talking about spectacular women. I happened to glance at a magazine in front of my register (I work at a grocery store), and I saw several of them plastered with pictures of Drew Barrymore. So, apparently, she got married. She looks lovely, I mean just look at her dress.


I guess the reason I was so excited about her wedding was because of her beauty that shone through. Not because I care very much for the celebrity crowd but because Drew was dressed so elegantly. Now, I will admit, she isn't decked from head to toe in diamonds but you can see her happiness oozing out of her. Seeing these pictures reminded me that there is hope for humanity, well, maybe some hope for classy ladies, modesty, and pure elegance.

A friend once told me that the term Lady, "means to be dignified." 

Clearly, not everyone is a lady. But we all do have a chance to become one. Now, this doesn't mean you have to have lots of money, know a ton of rich people, or associate yourself with things you are not. What you can do, is:
  • Dress in a way that the clothes you wear, flatter you. No one else but you has your body. So dress the way your made, not miss double 0.Stacy and Clinton from "What Not To Wear" say something along the lines of wearing clothes that fit you make you look better than wearing clothes that are for someone else.
  • Think before you speak and choose your words carefully. Not only does it make you look smarter and wiser, but the people you surround yourself with will value what you have to say.
  • There is only one you. The more you understand that the more you will be able to be comfortable with you.
Another lady that comes to mind is Kate (previously) Middleton. She is the epitome of classy elegance. She maintains her own style, which, now, with all this publicity is highly coveted after. Kate also dresses in a humble manner, if that makes sense? She doesn't dress to flaunt or uncover any unnecessary skin. I know she is a different story, given she is now royalty, but still, she is a great example.




1 comment:

  1. I love this blog post... <3

    Thanks you for writing!!!

    ReplyDelete