Tuesday, June 5, 2012

a brain full of thoughts

 I've temporarily not blogged. I haven't disregarded blogging, in fact, I have SO many thoughts bouncing around in my head.I've been trying to sit down and write it all out because if I don't, I might explode. I still have yet to actually right down all I'm thinking about, but, I read this excerpt from Jesus Calling that really is a great summary of what I've been thinking about and feeling. I know it sounds kind of weird to say feeling, but it has been a feeling. My physical heart feels full against my chest. Some days the feeling is deep with ache and other days it is a distinct happy//full//ache if that makes sense?

Remember that you live in a fallen world: an abnormal world tainted by sin. Much frustration and failure result from your seeking perfection in this life. There is nothing perfect in this world except me {Jesus}. That is why closeness to Me satisfies deep yearnings and fills you with joy. I have planted longing for perfection in every human heart. This is a good desire, which I alone can fulfill. But most people seek this fulfillment in other people and earthly pleasures or achievements Thus they create idols, before which they bow down. I will have no other gods before Me! Make Me the deepest desire of your heart. Let me fulfill your yearning for perfection. |Jesus Calling, Sarah Young|


{{exodus 20:3, psalm 37:4}}

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I'm currently in Exodus in my bible reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hm, i now have a new idea for where to begin my next OT reading :) I just finished Ezekiel. Only because I hadn't read it before :)

      Delete
  2. i love your new design! Gracie did an awesome job! :D

    ReplyDelete