Wednesday, May 2, 2012

nevertheless//although//regardless

Psalm 106:44
Nevertheless, he looked upon their distress, when he heard their cry.


In spite of perpetual and never ending sinning, God, for his benefit, his glory heard the cry of his people. How awesome is that? The fact that God didn't just destroy the rebellious Israelites the first time is a big deal. I mean come on, this is God were talking about. God who would have the right to do that. God who created the universe, ::Spoke:: life into motion, and cared for the creatures that are the representations of his likeness.


you told me to call
said you'd be there
and though I haven't seen you,
are you still there?
//barlow girl//

What about the times when I can't perceive God's nearness? What happened to"he heard their cry?" Sensing the nearness of God and trusting the promises about the nearness of God are two separate topics. Experiencing God's presence is such a joy and a gift. It is something to be cherished. However, it is easy for me to become immune to his presence, as if saying, " I'm here God, show me the presence I expect to receive from you." Sounds a little harsh? Well, that can be what my heart attitude it towards Him when I don't value time with him. As people, we are equipped with emotions, so it is not uncharacteristic for us to desire that which makes us feel good. But -- humans are finicky and God is steadfast. If I were to stop befriending someone just because I wasn't "feeling" it anymore shouldn't constitute whether or not I should still love that person. Relationships are two hands clapping, it involves two people participating together. The same thing applies with God. I can't demand anything from God, I have no right to. It is His gift to allow us to enter into His presence because of Jesus that means I should not take advantage of that. It also means I have a responsibility in my relationship with Christ. I can't only come to church expecting to get something without giving something of myself. I should come with a heart of thankfulness for all God has done and also not be afraid to come to Him with my troubles. Usually when I cannot perceive God's nearness in my life its usually because I have a hindrance blocking my view. (distractions, sin) I have to remind myself, in those times, that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and always with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment