Monday, April 9, 2012

thoughts floating around in my head

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

1. My brother, Justino, turned 8 today! We had doughnuts for breakfast per his request and also his dinner of choice was hotdogs, mac'n cheese, green beans, and salad. Classy boy if I do say so myself.

2. A fellow classmate of mine stole my thunder. Yes, you read correctly. And boy did he EVER steal my thunder. ahem. context: We had oral presentations today in my composition class. Well--now that I think about it, what other kinds of presentations are there? Anyway, this fellow was the first to speak. And lo, and behold what did he talk about?Point one: Stem cell research. Embryonic stem cell research versus adult stem cell research. What is my research topic? Point two: See point one. It was so dreadful!! I wanted curl up in a ball and flop out of the classroom. Fall off the grid. Ohhhhhh it was awful.

3. I somewhat redeemed the day by getting re-emmeursed in Jane Eyre. I'm really beginning to enjoy this story. Those lovely british writers are known for taking their sweet time to get a story rolling and boy, oh boy, the story is trucking along :)

4. the most loveliest cousins of all were here. They made my week so much brighter. Even though shopping didn't really pan out so well. My two favorite memories were going to the beach and then eating Rita's ice= must have after a day in the sun. The second was playing Nertz a family card game that was introduced by another Uncle. It's basically tradition to play when you have four or more gathered. 

5. I went to see "October Baby" with my mom, my friend Kendall, and her mom. It was the most touching story.ever. See the trailer here. If you cried while watching that, or even got goosebumps, that means you need to go watch this. It was a very powerful and well done movie. It is about a girl who survived an attempted abortion and her journey to find her birth mother, along with her healing process.

6. I'm still stunned that I'm going to be graduating this year.wow. p.s. I'm going to a Junior/Senior banquet in a few days and I still don't have a dress//girl freak out mode. ; )

7.Please please please pray for my friend Lizz. I'm taking her to see this movie tomorrow and she is pro-choice, a democrat (not that it has anything to do with anything), and she seems to basically disagree on most points with me. However, she still wants to be my friend. I'm just praying this will open her eyes. She seems very unsure of what she actually believes; it seems hard for her to actually articulate her morals.

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying for her heart to be softened and understand that it's a life, not a choice!!(;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Absolutely a life :)

      Delete
  2. fyi, Nertz was taught to us by the Irwins and we taught it to our extended family

    ReplyDelete