Friday, April 13, 2012

Nothing that is worthless

i will walk with integrity of heart within my house;i will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless.|Psalm 101:2b-3|



          Is this the desire of my heart, mind, soul, and strength? To not set anything worthless before me? Constantly I'm bombarded with the assaults of the world. Correctly used, the term molested comes to mind. Batterings on all sides, beatings in the most sensitive areas: the heart, brain, and lungs. The most valued--well, used to be valued-- things have been obliterated by the world. Purity, marriage, and life are disregarded. not valued.whatsoever.no. period. end.of.story. In music, magazines, commercials on t.v., t.v. shows, the radio: Satan's schemes are literally seeping in every area of my life. I'm under attack. And it is my responsibility to set before me, pure, lovely, honorable, and encouraging things to ponder.


          Enlighten me, O God. Renew my spirit within me. Help me to fight hard and strong, aid me in endurance. 


i need thee, O i need thee, every hour i need thee. my one defense, my righteousness, O God, how I need thee. 



3 comments:

  1. I think I needed this. Thanks for posting(; Love you oodles.... and I'll see you in like a week! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful psalm to start my Monday!
    Cheers from Mexico!

    DoublClik Photo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. So true! It makes such a difference when we guard what we take in.

    ReplyDelete