Monday, March 12, 2012

"Your name and your renown are the desire of our souls"

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters
{linking with Carissa}

1.  Sunday school was fantastic! We are starting a new six week series on the presence of God by J.D. Greear. There is a video clip sermon/message and then the class has a discussion. Yesterday was about "The Pleasure of His Presence" and  how we value God's blessings over his presence, being with him.  The passage of the bible the class was looking at was Exodus 33:3.15-18 

3 Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way.”

Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”17 And the LORD said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”
 18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

The points from the message were :
  • Presence is the point of Christianity 
  • Having the presence of God in our lives has always been the point, we've been yearning for him since the fall of Adam and Eve.
  • What you need when you are in pain is the touch of the savior not good doctrine "he works all things for your good." You need the touch of the savior because he has experienced pain.
Okay, so that's my mini sermon recap-- it was SO good :)

2. THEN-- the actual sermon was great also! We're going through a series in first peter, and yesterday's message was about suffering.{I Peter 4:12-19}

  • Non-Christians and Christians go through the same trials so the world can see the difference in how the situations are handled. 
  • "How could such a loving God allow bad things to happen?" <-- |common question we ask|
  • We did it! We sinned. How could humanity be such a bonehead to transgress Him? |response to the question|
  • We were created to enjoy God forever in all things, and if my tears allow me to see Christ more, may I continue to weep.
  • I am being refined all the more through the trials. It will sting and it will hurt but looking back, I will be thankful.
3. At work yesterday I walked past a sign that had the word oodles on it. It made me smile. {grin}

4.On Friday my humanities class was cancelled so I was able to talk to my English teacher about my research paper I'm writing. She is such a sweet lady!She's planning a trip to Disney so she bought travel guides and is highlighting them, adorkable :) I actually started writing my paper, which feels really good to have started. That first sentence/paragraph/page is always hard to begin. Once I stop dangling my toes in the water and jump in I'm all or nothing. 

5. March Maddness starts! WOOO! :) We have a family tradition/competition, we all fill out basketball brackets and we keep a point system for who predicts the winning games. Whoever has the most points wins. It's really funny to see that the least interested people typically win!

6. The Passion podcast L.I.V.E is tonight at nine p.m. You should definitely tune in. Chris Tomlin, Christy Nockles, Kristian Stanfill, and Louie Giglio will be on there sharing about the new Passion album : White Flag that you should definitely go buy. It comes out tomorrow. : D : D

7. I heard the song "White flag" by Chris Tomlin -- ON THE RADIO! :) It.was.awesome. I was worshiping in the car with the windows rolled down and the volume up to the maximum capacity. 


8. I'm going to be able to go bike riding with my Grandparents on the beach. I love them so much, they are such a godly example to me.  They treat all of their grandchildren so well. I'm blessed to be able to spend time with them. It is such a beautiful day, I can't wait to enjoy it!



4 comments:

  1. I was totally blessed by church yesterday too!! Thanks for recording the juicy tidbits!! :O)

    Love you,
    Mumsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristian Stanfill? Was he at Passion?

    Kristian's father-in-law (one of my dad's best friends) is the man that Ross was named after!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! You know him? So, I'll get to meet him? ; ) :D He's a great worship leader, and yes he was at passion!

      Delete