Thursday, February 2, 2012

{words}

I WENT TO PASSION 2012!

I'm not sure if you can tell by the formatting of that sentence, but PASSION 2012! was life changing. How life changing was it? And how did it change my life?

Louie Giglio, Beth Moore, John Piper, LeCrae Moore, and Francis Chan were the main session speakers. In two of the main sessions we were presented with something different. In the first non-typical session Christine Caine, from A21, shared her story with us, and in the second, each of the main speakers took turns reading through the book of Ephesians.

The whole theme of the conference was slavery; spiritual slavery and modern day slavery are both solved through Jesus Christ. Each year at Passion there is a Do Something Now project, this year's goal was to raise One million dollars towards ending modern day slavery. *cough* In four days, 40,000 broke college students, highschool seniors, and one generous couple (who gave $500,000) raised over $3.3 millions dollars. bam. That's what happens when God is at work. I really enjoyed this conference because God helped me spell out my thoughts about things that I had been thinking about. Key word here being thinking because I again, was caught up in a very immovable state of, what I later titled, spiritual complacency. God revealed to me my passions and convictions and helped me come home willing to put feet to my actions. There is really more to say about this, but I'd rather tell you face to face so if you catch me sometime please ask me: please, please, please don't hesitate to ask me about this, I'd love to share. :)

Well, here we are, just cruising our way through 2012, and I am loaded to the gills with homework!

      school. school. school. school. school. school. school. school. school. school. school. school. school.school.school.school.school. school. school.school. school. school. school. school. school. 


You get the point. I've been trying to work on my time management skills and that is why I haven't really allotted time to blog. I have been back to work for quite some time, thankfully. My knee is slowly but surely getting better. It will take two to three months for my torn ligament to heal. Some days are better than others but God is faithful to be my strength. I'm, by nature, a very independent person; as the oldest I usually do not like to be slowed down. I was just contemplating the verse, "For everything there is a season...", and I was thinking, "Really God? Do we have to experience everything?!" But he chooses everything we go through for our benefit. As I grow through my difficulties, I grow in Christ, He gets the glory and I receive the joy. :)


10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.



[ sorry for the weird white background, I'm not sure why it does that : / ]

No comments:

Post a Comment