Sunday, September 18, 2011

College + College Visits + College Majors


September 15th I visited the University of Central Florida in Orlando. My brother, mother, and I took a tour. This campus is incredibly huge, but somehow it doesn't feel so big. It only looks big on a map when you are trying to figure out where you are. This trip was a last minute trip, and UCF was not on my list of colleges. However, I took the trip nonetheless to be thorough. The campus was very pretty, our tour guide was wonderful, but still, there was nothing particularly striking about the school to me. Nothing jumped out at my attention as if screaming, “ This is why UCF is the place for you!”

The next school on my list is Liberty University in Lynchburg Va! My brother and I are going with a friend. I'm pretty excited about it, although, I'm not sure I want to attend a christian university. I want to bust the christian bubble and share my faith. Something inside of me is screaming, " There has got to be something more to life." More to life than what? More to life than living comfortably, more to life than surrounding oneself with people that are like-minded, I yearn to be tested in my faith so that I grow in Christ.  I don't know if this is making sense, it makes sense in my head. :)

Senior year this far is going well. I have a lot to weigh and think about as far as my future. I'm so grateful that God ultimately is handling this. My life would be such a mess if I were in charge. Two weeks ago, I heard and amazing message given by a guest speaker at our church. It was so encouraging and convicting. Again, it was about God singing over us, delighting in us, and I just loved it. :)

So, what has been happening in your life? What has God been teaching you?

1 comment:

  1. it's a huge decision, lacey, i'm glad to hear you are putting it in God's hands - right where it should be. love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete