Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life in Limbo

*Deep breath*

Where do I begin!? Every component of life has been jam packed lately. Dad still doesn't know if he'll be travelling to Japan, so while he is here, he is working Japan time. Our life has been revolving around his schedule so we all can spend quality time together :)

I have been working quite a bit, long shifts, but not everyday. It all adds up and some days I just have to say no to certain things to get some shut-eye! 2 weeks ago I spent 4 days with Miss Lindsay W*., we had a great time! The Saturday that I was with her, we went to a local park to have a picnic (which didn't end up happening). I am benefiting tremendously from working with Lindsay. I have a new appreciation for people with disabilities, from temporary to permanent. I've been able to witness God's grace through her. People are people are people, who have life in them, who can communicate--even if the communication is not that of which you are comfortable with or used to--and, if given the chance, this person will bring joy to your life. All those words strung together say : Show compassion. Don't think it. Show it. Live it. Prove that your thought process are more than travelers in no-man's-land. These days, the world devalues human life. It's a pretty strong statement but, it's true. If life was not devalued at conception, it would appear to me that more and more individuals would appreciate people for who they are.

Hillsong United says it best : "Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours"

Those are just my thoughts for now that are related to Spiritual things.  

Now that I've gotten my thoughts out about life-- WHO IS WATCHING THE WORLD CUP?! I know I am, the USA Women totally killed it yesterday, in an intense battle against Brazil. Now we're on to the semi-finals against France. Let's do it : D

Concluding statements : Kick France in the pants!

Psalm 103:11-14

11For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
   so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
12as far as the east is from the west,
   so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
13As a father shows compassion to his children,
   so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.
14For he knows our frame;
   he remembers that we are dust.

* Lindsay W is a young disabled friend of mine. She has a chromosome impairment that confines her to a wheelchair. Our families met through church, and I am the family's extra help :) *

2 comments:

  1. "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and the needy" Proverbs 31:8-9

    :) Super awesome post!
    Wait,so your dad wants to go to Japan??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great verse :) Yes, he wants to go and he is going, for work.

    ReplyDelete