Friday, July 29, 2011

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”~Winnie the Pooh

Day 1 : 7/28

Today we left Florida at 5:30am. I drove until we got to North Carolina, which was about 8 hours of driving for me. I didn't mind it though, because I like to drive. :) . All of us kiddo's travel really well, but we sure were glad to get out and stretch our legs! We were all glad to be released from the prison of our van. We had a great car ride. Our van was filled with giggles, silly stories, and an occasional snoozer. :) We arrived at my cousins house around 7:30pm, we chit-chatted with Taylor and Jordan for a while, while Mom and Aunt Brenda ran to get some burgers.

In Virginia, there are grocery stores called "bloom." And, I approve. Ever since I began working for Publix, I have maintained  high standards for where I shop. (or even dare to walk into :P) Unfortunately, northern stores don't have the best reputations for --well being Publix! ;) But bloom is different, and very nice :) There is a Harris Teeter near by also. I have fond memories from a grocery store, it seems as if  I was almost destined to work at a grocery store. Harris Teeter is unique among the myriad of stores, because they have miniature shopping carts for happy-mommie-to-be's-with-a-baby-doll shoppers like myself. :) I took my doll, Lulu, whenever Mom would go to Harris Teeter.

Day 2 :7/29

Taylor turned 16 today! Happy Birthday! :D

We went to Burke Lake, a lake where it was illegal, forbidden, I tell you, to swim in the lake! All 11 of us had a great time in spite of no swimming opportunities. We walked around some of the trails and took turns canoeing around the lake. After walking some more, and working up a sweat and an appetite, we headed to the ice cream parlor. =)

Today has been a good day so far! We'll be with Aunt Brenda and Uncle Gregg until Sunday. I really would like to go to the Marine Museum while we are up here, but we don't have firm plans, so who know's what we'll do.

Psalm 30:11-12


 11You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
   you have loosed my sackcloth
   and clothed me with gladness,
12that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
   O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!



Trevor's form of occupying himself.
Bloom's welcome :)

Chocolate ice cream with sprinkles!




Kennedy at Burke Lake

*Pictures from my phone, sorry for the poor quality*


No comments:

Post a Comment